Studying in the U.S.

Thousands of Canadians attend U.S. universities every year.  To study in the U.S., you must be in either F-1 or M-1 status.

If you want to attend school in the U.S., the first thing you should do is to see if the school is approved by SEVIS. Only SEVIS schools can issue an I-20 to a Canadian so that they can apply for F-1 or M-1 status at the border.

Learn more about studying in the U.S.: