EB-2 Green Cards for Canadians

The EB-2 category is generally reserved for individuals of exceptional ability in the arts, sciences or business; individuals with advanced degrees (M.D., J.D., LLM, Ph.D. etc.); and foreign doctors who will practice in an underserved area in the U.S. Canadians who qualify for an EB-2 green card must have an employer who is willing to file a petition on his/her behalf. However, entrepreneurs may also obtain an EB-2 green card if they satisfy the existing requirements. Generally, EB-2 petitions require a job offer and a Department of Labor certification. However, these requirements can be waived if the entrepreneurs can demonstrate that their business will be in the interest of the United States.